Integrity Legal

Posts Tagged ‘US Embassy China Holiday Closing Schedule 2011’

2nd January 2011

Those who may have seen this blog previously might have taken notice of the fact that the administration routinely posts the holiday closing schedules of US Missions in the Asia-Pacific regions in an effort to provide a courtesy to those with business at an American Mission abroad. The following is quoted directly from the official website of the US Consulate in Hong Kong (Special Autonomous Region of the Peoples’ Republic of China)   with American Consular jurisdiction over the Special Autonomous Region of Macau:

The following list includes all official holidays (both U.S. and Hong Kong) for 2011.

Saturday, January 1
(observed Friday, December 31)
New Year’s Day A
Monday, January 17 Martin Luther King’s Birthday A
Thursday, February 3 Lunar New Year’s Day L
Friday, February 4 Second day of the Lunar New Year L
Monday, February 21 President’s Day A
Tuesday, April 5 Ching Ming Festival L
Friday, April 22 Good Friday L
Monday, April 25 Easter Monday L
Monday, May 2 The day following Labor Day L
Monday, May 30 Memorial Day A
Monday, June 6 Tuen Ng Festival L
Friday, July 1 Hong Kong SAR Establishment Day L
Monday, July 4 Independence Day A
Monday, September 5 Labor Day A
Tuesday, September 13 The day following Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival L
Wednesday, October 5 Chung Yeung Festival L
Monday, October 10 Columbus Day A
Friday, November 11 Veterans Day A
Thursday, November 24 Thanksgiving Day A
Sunday, December 25
(observed Monday, December 26)
Christmas Day A/L
Tuesday, December 27 Second Week-Day after Christmas Day L

A – American Holiday/L – Local Holiday

Notes:  Three local holidays falling on Saturdays are not included in the 2011 holiday schedule (the third day of the Lunar New Year, February 5, the day following Good Friday, April 23 and National Day, October 1)

Those seeking services such as the issuance of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, US Passport, or addition of new visa pages to a previously issued US passport are well advised to contact the American Citizen Services Section of the nearest US Embassy, Consulate, American Institute, or Mission with Consular jurisdiction over the geographical area in which one is located.

Those seeking the homepage of the official website of the United States Consulate: Hong Kong & Macau please click HERE.

Those interested in retaining advice and counsel regarding United States Immigration matters are well advised to contact a licensed American Attorney in order to be apprised of the practical implications of the application of relevant United States immigration law.

Those seeking family based visas typically process their visa application through an Immigrant Visa Unit of a US Mission abroad, for purposes of visa application processing US fiance visa applications (the K-1 visa category) are treated in essentially the same manner as Immigrant visa categories like the CR-1 visa and the IR-1 visa categories.

Business and Investment visa applications for visa categories such as the L-1 visa and the EB-5 visa are typically processed after the adjudication of an initial immigration petition at the American Department of Homeland Security‘s United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).

Those seeking non-immigrant visas to the USA under visa categories such as the B-2 (US Tourist Visa), B-1 (US Business Visa), F-1 (US Student Visa), J-1 (US Cultural Exchange Visitor) categories are generally required to process their visa application through a Non-immigrant Visa Unit of a US Mission in their jurisdiction.

For related information please see: US Visa China.

more Comments: 04

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisement. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information presented on this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.