Integrity Legal

Archive for June, 2009

30th June 2009

There are some countries whose nationals have the right to travel to the United States of America without first obtaining a visa. The US Visa Waiver Program (VWP) was designed to allow certain foreign nationals visa-free travel to the United States. The visa waiver program should not be confused with an I-601 waiver of the grounds of inadmissibility.

Since September 11, 2001 the the Department of Homeland Security, United States Customs Department, United State Immigration and Citizenship Service (USCIS), the Transportation Safety Authority, and other United States Federal agencies have been formulating ways to better maintain security with regard to international travel. It was determined that the Visa Waiver program might be used by possibly hostile parties as a method for entering the United States in order to conduct harmful activity. As a result of this policy decision, the US authorities have attempted to implement a precreening process for thse entering the United States via the Waiver Program. This process is known by its acronym: ESTA.

The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) was made operational under Section 217 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended by Section 711 of the “Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007,” Pub. L. No. 110-53. The Act compelled the Department of Homeland Security to institute a systematic method to verify the fitness of travelers to the USA and make sure such travelers pose no imminent threat to American safety.

The ESTA is a no-cost, fully computerized program used to ascertain the qualifications of those traveling to the United States of America through the use of the American Visa Waiver Program. The Electronic System for Travel Authorization gathers similar information as that required on Form I-94W. An ESTA application can be tendered at any point before traveling to the United States of America. That being said, the United States Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS) and the Department of Homeland Security advise that travelers submit an ESTA application when they begin setting a travel itinerary.

As of January 12, 2009, those who are citizens of any country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program must obtain travel approval from ESTA before they will be allowed to enter the USA under VWP.

Some people are under the misconception that ESTA is a visa.  An ESTA approval is not a visa. Instead it is a prescreening for entry into the United States visa free.

For those who have trouble with the English language, the website has been translated into Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, and Swedish.

(Please note: this is intended for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is created between author and reader).

more Comments: 04

29th June 2009

Visa Waivers are often accorded to nationals from countries that have a long standing relationship with the USA. Currently, the Kingdom of Thailand is not a participant in the US Visa Waiver Program, therefore, anyone wishing to travel to the USA on a Thai passport must obtain some sort of American Visa.

The US Visa waiver program should not be confused with a waiver of excludability which is usually necessity after a US visa denial based upon a legal ground of inadmissibility. The US Visa Waiver Program (VWP) was created to allow certain foreign nationals entry into the United States visa-free.

In the mid-1980′s, the US Immigration Reform and Control Act integrated the Visa Waiver Pilot Program into the United States Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The Visa waiver initiative remained a pilot program until October 30, 2000. At that time, the Visa Waiver Permanent Program Act made the program a permanent fixture of immigration law. The Visa Waiver Program’s legal foundation is stipulated in section 217 of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act. In 2007, the addition of section 711 of the INA created measures to strengthen the security of the Visa Waiver Program.

The Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of State, may assign a nation as a participant in the Visa Waiver program if:

  1. The nation grants similar travel rights to Americans;
  2. The nation has attested that it dispenses electronic passports that contain data storage chips;
  3. The nation started issuing such Passports to its citizens on or before October 26, 2006.
  4. The Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of State prepare a report calculating the effect the country’s VWP authorization upon US security; and
  5. The Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of State decide that the nation’s inclusion in the program will not damage American security interest, this includes issues involved in the enforcement of US Immigration law.

Who can enjoy the Visa Waiver Program?

The nationals of the following countries are eligible to enter the USA under the Visa Waiver Program: Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Korea, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom (With regard to United Kingdom Passports, Only UK passports denoted as “British Citizens” and/or “with unrestricted right of abode in the United Kingdom” are eligible for entrance to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program. Those holding passports designating that the bearer is a “British Subject,”  “British Dependent Territories Citizen,” “British Overseas Citizen,” or “British National [Overseas],” cannot enter the United States through the Visa waiver program.)

In order to enter the USA visa-free on the Visa Waiver Program an entrant must first use the Electronic System for Travel Authorization.

(Please note: Nothing contained herein should be used as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created by reading this piece.)

more Comments: 04

28th June 2009

US Immigration from Thailand can be a complex and multifaceted process. Compiling Immigration forms and  documentation can be an arduous task for an American Citizen who understands the English language fluently. This difficulty is compounded when one takes into account the fact that a language barrier and 12 hour time difference can slow the visa obtainment process immeasurably. In some cases, the Thai fiancee must deal with Thai government offices, which can be frustrating and confusing depending upon the office in question.

In a previous post we discussed how retaining a US Immigration Lawyer can be highly advantageous for those seeking to obtain a US visa from Thailand. An American attorney on the ground in Bangkok can expedite the visa process by assisting a Thai fiancee with the US Immigration forms and 221 g follow up documentation at the US Embassy Thailand. Many American Citizens enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing a US visa lawyer is assisting their Thai loved one in real time.

That being said, there are certain aspects of the US visa process where a Thai attorney can be a boon to both the American client and the Thai fiancee. The first instance in which a legally trained Thai who is fluent in English can be useful is document translation. Thai legal documents that are pertinent to Visa obtainment should be translated by one with both a fluency in English and a familiarity with Thai law.  Further, some documents that are quite common in Thailand, have no analogous counterpart in the American common law system. A lack of familiarity with Thai legal documentation can create confusion and delay for visa cases submitted and processed by American citizens who opt not to retain representation. Therefore, a Thai attorney’s expertise with Thai legal documents can be essential to an expeditious visa processing time frame. Requests for Evidence (RFE) from USCIS and 221 g denials are far less common where the petitioner and beneficiary have opted to retain a firm that employs Thai and American attorneys.

A Thai Attorney can be of real assistance when it comes to dealing with government offices because they are familiar with bureaucratic protocol and can speak to the Thai officers in their own language.

A Thai attorney can assist an American attorney with preparing the applicant for the visa interview in Bangkok.  This preparation helps the fiancee or spouse feel more comfortable about the impending interview and also will make the interview proceed more quickly because the Thai is given a “heads up.”

A Thai attorney can be of great assistance in US Immigration matters, but they will not be able to accompany a Thai fiancee to the Visa interview at the US Embassy in Bangkok. No one is allowed to accompany a Thai visa applicant to the visa interview (this includes the US Citizen spouse or fiancee). With the large caseload processing through the American Embassy in Bangkok, the waiting room cannot accommodate all of the relatives of those seeking US Visas.

(Please note: the content contained herein is intended for informational purposes only. No attorney/client relationship is created by reading this post.)

more Comments: 04

27th June 2009

There have been some interesting developments regarding the Thai Tourist visa. Recently the Thai government authorities and Royal Thai Immigration announced that they would extend the free tourist visa program. This initiative was designed to spur tourism to Thailand which has been a sector of the economy that was hard-hit by the airport closures in late 2008, government instability at the beginning of 2009, the Asean summit cancellation, the  Songkran disturbances, and the worldwide economic distress. A recent statistic published in Thailand has stated that Tourism in Thailand has decreased by 50% year-on-year, for a country heavily dependent upon foreign tourist currency this finding was disconcerting. By providing free tourist visas the Thai government hopes recreational travel to Thailand will increase.

The free tourist visa program would seem to be just one pillar of Thailand’s long term Immigration program. It would seem that Thai Immigration Authorities want to ween foreigners off of the Thai visa exemption and onto the use of Thai visas. Many foreigners are under the mistaken impression that when they are stamped through the immigration counter at the airport in Thailand, they are provided with a 30 day visa. In reality, the stamp for a person entering without a visa is a 30 day visa exemption. This stamp allows a non-Thai national to remain in Thailand without a visa for the time period stipulated on the foreigner’s passport (currently 30 days at the airport and 15 days at land border immigration checkpoints).

At one time, foreigners were able to remain in Thailand for a nearly indefinite period so long as they made a “visa run” every 30 days to renew their exemption stamp. The authorities issuing Thai visas first put a stop to this practice approximately 3 years ago when they mandated that a person was only entitled to visa exemptions for 90 out of every 180 days. Approximately 6 months ago, the Immigration authorities again changed the regulations. Currently, 15 day visa exemptions will be granted to foreigners at the land border and 30 days will be granted at the airport.  Further, those using visa exemption stamps at a land border will only be able to get 4 consecutive 15 day stamps.

This change of policy has created the necessity for longer term visas. Currently the Thai government is providing free Tourist visas to those who wish to travel to Thailand. The visa has a validity of 60 days, but one can travel to the Thai Immigration office in Thailand and, for an extra fee, one can extend the visa for an extra 30 days intra-country.  Another option is the “double entry” Thai tourist visa. this has a double validity for 60 days (with extendability) and if used properly can confer lawful status to a foreigner in Thailand for 6 months.

Apparently, the free tourist visa scheme is not being well received by some of Thailand’s honorary consulates around the globe, because these posts make a substantial portion of their revenue from Tourist visas. According to government officials in Thailand, these posts will receive reimbursement for the free visas they issue. The free visa promotion does not affect the price of the Thailand Business visa, Thailand O Visa, or the Thailand Retirement Visa.

For information on a related topic please see: US Tourist Visa

(This post is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created between reader and author.)

more Comments: 04

26th June 2009

There are essentially three government agencies that have a hand in the US Visa process: the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), the National Visa Center (NVC), and the United States Department of State (the Department with jurisdiction over the US Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Posts abroad). Of these three agencies, USCIS has the case in its possession for the longest period of time because the petition must be initially adjudicated by their officers.

Within the USCIS administrative structure there are two service centers that handle the adjudication of the K1 visa application and K3 visa application for fiancees of United States Citizens (in both cases, the actual application form is called the I-129f). The Services Centers are located in California and Vermont, respectively. They each have their own unique jurisdiction depending upon the residence of the petitioner.

Within the past few days, the USCIS service center in California issued a revised estimate regarding how long it is taking for adjudication of K-1 visa applications and K-3 visa applications. They are now estimating that it will take 5 months for the average visa petition to be adjudicated. This is compared to the previous estimate of 6 months.

As I have explained on this blog and to people in the past. This estimate tends to be quite conservative as we tend to see these petitions adjudicated by USCIS in a much more timely manner than this. That being siad, the prospective immigrant or sponsor should be aware that the petition must also pass through the National Visa Center (which generally processes I-129f petitions faster than Immigrant Visa petitions) and the US Embassy Bangkok.

K3 visas a re also different because one needs to take into account the underlying I-130 petition that acts as the foundation for the supplemental I-129f petition that garners an expedited visa.

At the back of everyone’s mind should be the idea that all time frames for visa obtainment are estimates only as many factors can be at play when a visa application is processing. The best advice is to plan for the worst, but hope for the best. It has been our experience that the US Embassy in Thailand works in a very efficient manner in an effort to get petitions adjudicated quickly. The USCIS service centers are generally the “bottleneck” where visa applications can get delayed.

(No aspect of this piece should be construed as legal advice because this post is written for educational and informational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship should be construed to exist between the author and reader of this post.)

more Comments: 04

23rd June 2009

Of great concern to those United States permanent residents (Green Card holders) visiting Thailand is the amount of time they will be allowed to spend outside of the United States and still retain their lawful permanent resident (LPR) status. Failure to remain in the United States for prolonged periods of time could lead to a revocation of one’s LPR.

In order to stay in Lawful Permanent Resident or Conditional Resident (CR) status for United States Immigration purposes the alien in question must maintain an actual domicile in the USA and not remain outside of the country (as defined in the United States Immigration and Nationality Act) for longer than one year. A Green card holder classified as LPR or CR who possesses a re-entry permit issued by an office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service in the United Sates may stay outside of the United States until the re-entry permit’s expiration date. Upon initial issuance, re-entry permits are usually issued with a validity of two years.

An alien classified as having Lawful Permanent Residence or Conditional Residence in the USA who has not returned to the United States for a span of time longer than twelve months, or past the expiration date of a re-entry permit, will be  required to obtain a new immigrant (CR-1 or IR-1 in the case of spouses) visa in order to reenter the United States in order to reestablish permanent residence.

Under specific provisions of United States Immigration law an exception was created which confers special immigrant status as a returning resident to a Lawful Permanent Resident or Conditional Resident who has lingered outside of the United States due to extenuating circumstances beyond the alien’s control. Although being approved for returning resident status negates the requirement that an immigrant visa application be filed on behalf of the alien with USCIS, the alien must establish his or her eligibility for a US immigrant visa, have a medical examination performed and remit the visa processing fee of three hundred and fifty-five United States dollars with an additional security fee of forty-five United States dollars as well as the fee for the medical examination.

Of Important note to Conditional Residents (CR) of the United States in a situation such as this: if a CR fails to submit an application to have the conditionality of resident status lifted, then that person must apply for a new immigrant visa. In this situation, the CR is not allowed to submit an application for status as a returning resident.

Much like advance parole for a K1 visa holder, the SB-1 returning resident travel document and the re-entry permit are both very important documents should an immigrant seek to leave the United States.

(Please be advised that this post is meant for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. No Attorney-Client Relationship is to be deemed to have been formed between the writer of this piece and any subsequent readers.)

more Comments: 04

22nd June 2009

A common misconception among Americans is the idea that a United States Citizen is only allowed to obtain one Passport. Strictly speaking, this is not true. An American Citizen may obtain a second United States passport, provided they have a valid reason for doing so.

The relevant regulations currently manifest the long held position of the American State Department that no one ought to posses more than one bona fide United States passport at any time, unless the person is expressly permitted to do so by the State Department. The State Department recognizes that there are extenuating circumstances in which it may be necessary for one US Citizen to have two passports.

Allocation of a second passport is deemed to be a special dispensation and therefore a rare exception to normal State Department protocol. For this reason, issuance of second passports will only be approved after the applicant shows a justifiable reason why the duplicate travel document should be issued. Unlike some countries that issue second passports which are restricted to certain regions, an American second passport can be utilized for traveling anywhere on the planet in the same manner as a normal US passport. However, second United States passports will only be issued with a maximum validity of two years. At one time, second passports were able to be extended. Today, the validity of second passport cannot be extended.  Should a secondary passport expire, then a new passport application must be tendered in order to receive another secondary passport.

In cases where one is curious about obtaining a second passport, first understand that this is not something that the State Department does lightly. One must show a truly compelling reason to issue a second passport. In the past, people obtained second passports with relative ease. Today, it would seem that the State Department heavily scrutinizes those seeking a second passport and will make every effort to ensure that those seeking said travel document are doing so for a legitimate reason.

The reason for the heightened caution with regard to second passports probably has something to do with the increased administrative work that likely goes into keeping track of those Citizens who have dual passports. Further, immigration offices around the world, including Thai Immigration, often use an entrant’s passport number as a reference for that person while in the country. This would not be the only reference, but the presence of two passport numbers could make clerical work more difficult.

Understand that obtaining a second passport is not the same as obtaining additional US visa pages. Many expatriates need to obtain additional visa pages due to the fact that they have used all of their visa pages while being stamped in and out of various foreign countries. As a courtesy, most United States diplomatic missions will replace visa pages free of charge.

For more information about second US passports please see this link

For more information about American Visas from Thailand please see K-1 visa Thailand

(Please note that nothing in this post should be taken as legal advice. Please consult an attorney before making any legal decisions. No attorney-client relationship is formed by reading this post.)

more Comments: 04

21st June 2009

Crossing Over utilizes multiple perspectives to tell the story of immigrants from different countries aspiring to obtain Lawful Permanent Resident Status in the USA. The movies touches upon the issues of illegal border crossing, false documentation, asylum status, green card obtainment procedures, workplace enforcement, adjustment of status, naturalization, and counter terrorism.

It was interesting to watch this film because it depicted all of the different United States agencies and offices that oversee the immigration process. The film also provided exposure about what United States Immigration officers are deputized to do. That being said, I felt it was a massively unfair portrayal of the personal character traits of most of the officers in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

The portrayal at the beginning of the film made it seem as though all ICE officers were heartless authoritarian brutes. In reality, I doubt this portrayal is accurate. I understand the reason for this less than flattering depiction: it was used to contrast Harrison Ford’s relative compassion when compared against his colleagues. From this standpoint, one can give the filmmakers some leeway on this point.

In another plot line of the film Ray Liotta plays a corrupt USCIS officer who uses his position as a top level adjudicator to bequeath a Green Card upon an aspiring actress in exchange for sleeping with him. If I was a USCIS officer I would be infuriated by this depiction. Its not that corruption doesn’t occur, but that portrayals such as this make it seem as though all employees of the agency lack an ethical compass, which I am sure is not the case.

Overall, I liked the movie because it brought up some interesting human issues, but from the context of United States Immigration I think it portrayed the government as all, or nearly all, bad.

I will say that I liked Ashley Judd’s performance as a United States Immigration attorney although it seemed somewhat stilted in places. Also, there were a few instances in the movie where I felt the attorney Judd played should have been more zealously advocating on behalf of her client. Can we say, “writ of habeas corpus?”

In closing, this was one of Harrison Ford’s best movies in years, which is not saying much if you have seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The movie had an all-star cast and I would argue it had no particular main character, which was interesting. The film effectively drew together multiple plot threads and culminated in some very moving sequences. I would recommend this film to anyone who is interested in the Immigration process or just enjoys well made films.

more Comments: 04

20th June 2009

A question sometimes posed with regard to US Immigration from Thailand involves the possibility of a Thai fiancee or spouse eventually acquiring United States Citizenship by naturalization. Even in a case in which the couple in question is seeking a K-1 visa or a K-3 Visa (which are both non-immigrant visas) there still seems to be an underlying belief that eventually the immigrant fiancee or spouse will one day wish to acquire United States citizenship.

Many people wonder about the time and residency requirements for naturalization. In many cases the ability to read, speak, and write in the English language is a requirement and a general knowledge of the history and government of the United States is also mandatory.

As to the residency requirement, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) stipulates that one must have been lawfully admitted to permanent residence in the United States in order to subsequently apply for citizenship. The USCIS website goes further and states:

“Lawfully admitted for permanent residence means having been legally accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws. Individuals who have been lawfully admitted as permanent residents will be asked to produce an I-551, Alien Registration Receipt Card, as proof of their status.”

To quote further from the USCIS website, in order to Naturalize as a United States Citizen one must meet the following eligibility requirements set forth under the Immigration and Nationality Act. Basically, the applicant must:

  1. have resided continuously as a lawful permanent resident in the U.S. for at least 5 years prior to filing with no single absence from the United States of more than one year;
  2. have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the previous five years (absences of more than six months but less than one year shall disrupt the applicant’s continuity of residence unless the applicant can establish that he or she did not abandon his or her residence during such period)
  3. have resided within a state or district for at least three months

Beyond these requirements the applicant must also show that they are of good character. Which is best indicated by an absence of criminal record. In cases where a child of an American Citizen is not eligible to acquire US citizenship at birth, naturalization technically occurs automatically upon the child’s entry into the United States on an Immigrant Visa.

Please note: that where the applicant for naturalization gained lawful permanent residence due to marriage to a United States Citizen, the time requirement for naturalization is 3 years of permanent residence and 18 months physical presence in the United States.

(This post is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be used as substantive legal advice. For more information please contact a licensed attorney. This post does not create a lawyer-client relationship between the person writing this post and those later reading it.)

more Comments: 04

20th June 2009

Recently, we have received a number of inquiries regarding the so-called Green Card lottery. In the past, Congress created a visa category designed to allow certain foreign nationals access to the United States as Permanent Residents provided they meet occupational requirements and are natives of certain countries which are underrepresented as immigrant groups in the USA. A yearly lottery is held to determine who shall be granted this type of visa.

The State Department is very clear about the fact that assistance in filling out the Diversity Visa application is probably not a necessity in most cases, and they further warn prospective Visa applicants to be wary of those claiming they can assist in the process or “guarantee” a visa. Integrity Legal does not assist with Diversity Visa applications. That being said, as a courtesy to our readers, below is a list of the countries whose nationals are entitled to apply for Diversity Visa benefits for 2010.

The list below shows the countries whose natives are eligible for Diversity Vise in 2010, grouped by geographic region, for more information please see the State Department Website:


Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Persons born in the Gaza Strip are chargeable to Egypt.

Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, East Timor, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Yemen

Natives of the following Asian countries are ineligible for this year’s diversity program: China (mainland-born), India, Pakistan, South Korea, Philippines, and Vietnam. Hong Kong S.A.R and Taiwan do qualify and are listed above. Macau S.A.R. also qualifies and is listed below (Europe). Persons born in the areas administered prior to June 1967 by Israel, Jordan, and Syria are chargeable, respectively, to Israel, Jordan, and Syria.

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark (including components and dependent areas overseas), Estonia, Finland, France (including components and areas overseas), Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau Special Administrative Region, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands (including components and dependent areas overseas), Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal (including components and dependent areas overseas), Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vatican City

Nationals of the following European countries are ineligible for this year’s diversity program: Great Britain (United Kingdom) and Poland. Great Britain (United Kingdom) includes the following dependent areas: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena, and Turks and Caicos Islands. Note that for purposes of the diversity program only, Northern Ireland is treated separately; Northern Ireland does qualify and is listed among the qualifying areas.

The Bahamas

In North America, natives of Canada and Mexico are ineligible for this year’s diversity program.

Australia (including components and dependent areas overseas) Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Federated States of Nauru, New Zealand (including components and dependent areas overseas), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa

Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Honduras Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela

Countries in this region whose nationals are ineligible for this year’s diversity program: Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, and Peru.

For information about Integrity Legal’s Immigration Services please see: Fiance Visa Thailand

(Be Advised: This content does not constitute legal advice. Please seek legal advice from a licensed attorney. No Attorney/Client Relationship is created by reading this piece.)

more Comments: 04

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisement. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information presented on this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.